Technology Sessions 2021 or TechSesh 21 is a student led informal career event aimed at providing students and companies a platform to network specifically in the Technology Industry. Now in its 4th year, the event is being held virtually using a simple booking system to arrange informal calls between students and employers. Employers simply choose a time during the week that suits them. Students then select a 10 minute slot to speak with the employer.
This year due to COVID 19 the event is being held online as a virtual career fair using Google Calendar Appointments (compatible with Outlook and Apple Calendar) along with Google Meets. The fair uses a simple booking system so that students can arrange to speak with you at a designated time that suits your schedule.
The virtual career fair will take place from Monday the 18th of October 2021 to Friday the 22nd of October through 10 min video chat appointments with students. Companies have the flexibility to organise 1-4 hour time slots (using Google Calendar) with a number of these appointments at any point during these 5 days.
Aside from being able to recruit students and promote your company, TechSesh also offers:
- Access to our CV Database for a year
- Promotion of your company on campus through posters and flyers
- Social media exposure in the lead up to the event
- Online promotion in our newsletter before the event, and for 3 months following
This year we won’t be hosting career talks as part of Techsesh but as separate events during semester. To arrange a career talk write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our PR strategy in the lead up to TechSesh is focused on lecture announcements and online advertisements. This includes:
- An event page on Facebook
- Posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat from the start of term
- Daily company profiles posted on Facebook in the lead up to TechSesh to increase awareness of each company with all of our members
- Promotion of the event and companies in our email newsletter before and after the event
If you have specific content you would like us to post, please let us know so we can promote your company in the best way possible. Our goal is to make your company as visible as possible to UCD students!
As we are a student society, this event is not for profit, we would greatly appreciate donations to help us cover marketing and organisational costs.
To become an official ElecSoc partner or to learn more about us, see our Partnership Deck.
To attend this year’s fair, simply write to us at email@example.com to express interest. We’ll follow up with more information on how it works and how to book a time slot.